Sunday, April 21, 2019

Feeling Sad

Dear kind people who care about me. In the past few weeks, I have lost both my fuzzy best friends and companions. Riley, my happy shiny black kitty, my best buddy for the past seven years developed stomach cancer. The vet was able to give him steroid shots that helped reduce cancer enough for him to eat a little at a time. Feeding him small amounts several times a day kept him active and allowed me to prepare to let him go. That day was Saturday. He had not eaten in two days and when I asked him Saturday morning if he was okay, he said clearly, no. Jake was twelve and by all signs doing just fine, until he was not. It appears that Jake had diabetes and this led to kidney failure. He suddenly became very weak and unable to stand or walk. There were no signs he was in distress and as you can expect was devastating and there was nothing I could do to help him. I can only hope that I gave these two wonderful companions a full and comfortable life. They gave me so much love and comfort. Thank you, Riley, thank you, Jake. My heart breaks at the thought of living without you.


No comments:

Post a Comment